An exciting new initiative was launched on 23rd February when the OER Foundation hosted a strategic international planning meeting for the OER for assessment and credit for students project at Otago Polytechnic in Dunedin, New Zealand. Full details of the meeting are available at http://wikieducator.org/OERU_meeting_summary.
Those interested in being anchor partners of the initiative should contact Wayne Mackintosh, Director of the OER Foundation.
Highlights of the meeting included:
- Realising the potential of OER, Dr Visesio Pongi, Director of the UNESCO Apia Office for the Pacific States. Samoa.
- Open but tough, Sir John Daniel, President and Chief Executive Officer, Commonwealth of Learning, Canada.
- Formal welcome and opening of the Meeting, Dr Robin Day, Chair of the OER Foundation Board and Deputy Chief Executive of Otago Polytechnic, New Zealand.
- We are making history today, Phil Ker, Chief Executive, Otago Polytechnic, New Zealand.
- The OER university: From logic model to action plan, Keynote address. Professor Jim Taylor, AM., University of Southern Queensland, Australia.
- Inputs from the SCoPE pre-meeting seminar hosted by BCcampus, Paul Stacey, BCcampus, Canada.
- Meet the participants, Personal introductions from Dunedin Participants, New Zealand.
- Building the OER ecosystem for free online degrees, Alana Harrington, Saylor Foundation
For more information on the OER University.